If we could make your life easier, by showing you a smarter, more cost-effective way of achieving your goals, would you be interested?
HubSpot’s 2012 State of Inbound Marketing Report is now available! The report is based on a survey conducted in January 2012 of 972 marketing professionals. The study includes data and insights about marketers’ costs, budgets, lead quality, and priorities.
1) Inbound leads cost per lead 61% less than outbound leads.
2) The average cost-per-lead for outbound-dominated businesses is $346.
3) The average cost-per-lead for inbound-dominated businesses is $135.
4) 89% of businesses are either maintaining or increasing their inbound marketing budgets.
5) The average budget spent on company blogs and social media increased from 9% in 2009 to 21% in 2012.
6) The average budget spent on telemarketing decreased from 10% to 5% in 2012.
7) In 2012, small businesses plan to spend 43% of their budgets on inbound marketing, while large businesses plan to spend 21%.
(8) In 2012, small businesses are only giving 14% of their budget to outbound, while large businesses are allocating 33%.
9) In 2012, small businesses plan to spend dramatically more of their budgets on social media and blogs than large businesses.
10) 57% of companies with a blog have acquired a customer from their blog.
11) 92% of companies who blog multiple times per day have acquired a customer from their blog.
12) 62% of companies using LinkedIn have acquired a customer from the network.
13) 70% of marketers indicate that they blog at least weekly.
14) 77% of B2C companies report that they have acquired a customer through Facebook.
15) 65% of B2B companies report that they have acquired a customer through LinkedIn.
16) 62% of companies report that social media has become MORE important as a source of leads.
17) 51% of companies reported that direct mail has become LESS important as a source of leads.
18) 25% of marketers report that their company blog is “critical” to their business.
19) Over 40% of marketers report that Google+ is useful to critical for their business.
20) 81% of businesses reported that their company blog is useful to critical for their business.
Connect with me on: Google+